Knowledge Base

How do I file a complaint about my electrical service?

If you are experiencing problems with your electrical service, please report your issue(s) to DTE Energy and the Michigan Public Service Commission if it is not resolved. File a complaint with DTE Energy: Call DTE Energy Customer Service 1-800-477-4747 or file a complaint online: Visit DTE Energy's website ( click on 'Contact Us' then click on 'E-Mail Customer Service.' File an electric complaint with the Michigan Public Service Commission: The Michigan Public Service Comission's (MPSC) Customer Intake Center is available to assist with your inquiry or informal complaint Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. through 4:30 p.m., excluding State holidays, by calling 1-800-292-9555 (from within Michigan) or 517-241-6180 (from outside of Michigan). Michigan Public Service Commission, Customer Intake Center, P.O. Box 30221, Lansing, MI 48909. You can also contact the MPSC by submitting your inquiry or complaint on-line: Visit the MPSC's website ( under the heading 'Online Services', click on 'File a Complaint' then click on 'Submit Electric Utility Inquiry or complaint' or for more information on how to file a formal complaint scroll down and click on 'Formal Residential Gas or Electric Complaint.'
Updated 3/28/2013 6:13 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!