Knowledge Base

When replacing my furnace, air conditioner, humidifier or chimney liner-do I need a permit?

Generally, this type of replacement work is done by State licensed contractors who are required to obtain Mechanical permits. The Mechanical code requires permits and inspections of furnaces, gas piping, water heaters, swimming pool heaters, gas logs, chimney liners and air conditioners (Chapter 9-ArticleV).
Updated 3/26/2013 12:04 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!