Knowledge Base

Who is responsible for payment of a special assessment if the house changes ownership?

Pursuant to City Ordinance, the owner of record (based on the City Assessor's records) at the time the notice of repair is issued is responsible for payment. The owner of record has the duty to notify or inform future owner(s) and the title/insurance company of the notice to repair.
Updated 4/4/2013 2:43 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!