Knowledge Base

Can the police assist me on a civil matter?

The police deal with criminal matters, not civil matters. The police have no authority over civil matters, unless directed by a court. The only time officers will assist in civil matters without a court order is if there is a possibility of criminal actions occurring.
Updated 6/14/2010 11:22 AM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!