Knowledge Base

What should I do about a junk or abandoned vehicle parked on private property?

Vehicles are considered "junk" or a nuisance if they do not possess a current valid license plate, or if they are damaged and inoperable.

Please report the vehicle to the Department of Property Maintenance at (586) 574-4662. Code enforcement officers will ticket any vehicle that is not removed from the driveway or yard of a private home or business where there is not an immediate hazard or blocking traffic.

If a nuisance vehicle is abandoned in the roadway and impeding traffic, call Police Dispatch 911 immediately.

Updated 3/26/2013 11:25 AM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!